What are you doing regularly that distinguishes your solutions and services from all others to the buyers you are selling to?
DIFFERENTIATION, AFTER ALL……EXISTS IN THE BUYERS MIND BEFORE IT EXISTS IN THE SELLERS WORLD. The buyers have a bias toward action…. their title makes that clear…. their title is an action verb! The burden of making a solution or service distinguished – to make it stand out as the best and only alternative, is 100% the obligation of the sales professionals
Here are 8 key ingredients to setting your “sales self” up to be the undisputed DIFFERENCE in the mind, heart, and buying decision of your buyers:
- Develop and understand in detail, the client problems – many times the client thinks they know the problem, but what they know is the symptom of the problem they are experiencing.
- Understand the TOTAL VALUE of the solutions you bring the client – this happens not from knowing your product line in detail as much as it comes from knowing and understanding the client problems within the client operations, and then knowing what the actual costs are that stem from that problem.
- Be CONFIDENT in stating the problem as you have discovered it, especially when the client has not, or does not see it – this is the core of differentiation – seeing what others do not see, and confidently quantifying the cost of its continued existence.
- Be clear with the difference between the price of the solution and cost of not implementing the solution. YOU LOSE 100% OF THE TIME WHEN YOU CAN ONLY SPEAK TO THE PRICE OF YOUR SOLUTION – YOU WIN 100% OF THE TIME WHEN THE BENEFITS OF YOUR SOLUTION CLEARLY OUTWEIGH THE PRICE OF THE SOLUTION.
- Know your Ideal Client. Predetermine what your ideal client looks like and behaves like. Find that ideal client, and you will begin to sell from the buyer’s perspective from the start.
- Speak Value, NOT PRICE. Your client buys the value of what you offer, and value to a smart buyer, is NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- DEMONSTRATE YOUR DIFFERENTIATORS. Words can be deceiving, but actions are irrefutable.
- Once you have demonstrated your differentiators, then SPEAK TO THEM, AND WRAP THEM IN VALUE – nothing eliminates buyer remorse more than starting out with the absolute correct solution to problems that existed but only you saw them. Feel free to point out that any solution other than yours allows the problems to continue to exist and erode at the customers operations.
Differentiation is what the smartest buyers rely on. Differentiation is not a logo, slogan, or a brand. But when you properly differentiate, you become the brand, you become the option the client has searched for, and you become a reliable resource while all others are simply making a pitch.
For in depth development in the DIFFERENTIATION SKILL SET, use this link, and begin to experience increased SALES, PROFITS, AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: